Elux Vapes are a popular disposable vape brand in the UK, offering interesting flavours, ease of use, and more puffs than a pack of cigarettes. But with crackdowns on ensuring products comply with the Tobacco Products Directive regulations, some disposable vapes being improperly sold are being seized in the UK.
We take a look at whether Elux disposable vapes are illegal in the UK and where you can buy them.
UK Vaping Regulations
To be legal for sale in the UK market, vape products must comply with the following TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) restrictions:
- E-Liquid containers (e.g. tank, cartridge, disposable vape) are limited to a capacity of 2ml.
- E-Liquid bottles containing nicotine are limited to a capacity of 10ml.
- Nicotine strength cannot exceed 20mg/ml.
- E-Liquid cannot contain caffeine, taurine, colourings and other ingredients deemed unsafe by the TPD.
- Packaging should be child-proof and tamper-evident.
- Products containing nicotine must have a warning that it contains nicotine, which is an addictive chemical.
Are Elux Vapes Banned in the UK?
The answer to this question largely depends on the specific product you are talking about. Elux vapes are made in China for a global market, and vaping rules vary between countries.
For example, in the United States, you can vape 50mg/ml E-Liquid, while in the UK, the limit is 20mg. Likewise, in the UK, disposable vapes can legally only contain 2ml of vape juice, while in the US, it is not uncommon to find disposable vapes with Upwards of 10ml of E-Liquid present.
As such, there are some disposable vapes made by Elux that are legal in the UK and some that are not as they exceed the limits for nicotine strength or E-Liquid capacity set out by the TPD regulations.
Which Elux Vape Bars Are Illegal in the UK?
The following Elux vapes are illegal in the UK. As a rule of thumb, a disposable vape with 600 puffs or less is likely to be compliant with UK law, as it contains 2ml of vape juice or less, while those with over 600 puffs are likely to be more than 2ml, and so are banned. With the rare exception of a few 900 puff disposables that have adjustable airflow
Elux Legend 3500
The Elux Legend 3500 contains 10ml of vape juice and offers 3500 puffs. This is significantly more than the 2ml limit that is enforced in the UK, and so the Elux Legend 3500 is illegal in the UK.